Lyric & Melody by Dr. Shiao Tye-ran: The Sojourner
女高音: 周筱倩; 小提琴: 鄭凱俐, 林璇雯, 鄭仕侃; 大提琴: 孫韻涵; 鋼琴: 柯乃方.
(YouTube Video 優管影片)
咱攏是出外人We are all sojourners,
對遠遠的台灣來
Coming from the far away Taiwan;
雖然我會講美國話
Although I can speak English,
言語會通心未通
Yet I can hardly relate my heart to Americans.
咱攏是出外人
We are all away from home,
對遠遠的台灣彼
From a faraway place,
有咱的朋友與親人
Where our friends and loved ones live,
不時互相在思念
That we never fail to miss each other.
人人在講美國是天堂
Everyone says America is like the heaven,
使人真欣羨
A place where everyone desires to be.
若是問你講是怎樣
If somebody asks you,
天堂不是在此
I think you would say, the heaven is not here.