10 Questions to Ask When a Loved One Has Alzheimer’s
If a loved one has this illness, you may have many questions for your doctor.
Write the following list and bring with you to the doctor’s office. You can use any of the following questions about Alzheimer’s and the effects it can have on those with the illness and those who care for them.
1. Does my loved one really have Alzheimer’s, or could it be something else?
2. If it is Alzheimer’s, are the symptoms mild, moderate, or more severe?
3. Will the symptoms change over time? How will I know if the condition is worsening?
4. Are there special diets or any lifestyle changes my loved one can make that will improve the condition?
5. What Alzheimer’s treatments are available?
6. Which ones do you recommend, and why?
7. What kind of care do you think my loved one needs now? What about future treatment?
8. What is the best way to contact you if I notice any changes in my loved one’s health?
9. Are there any resources I can turn to for help and support with caregiving and other issues?
10. Am I also at risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease?
(From Health Monitor Network)